Virginia Beach Modern Quilt Guild Minutes
March 18, 2017
Meeting Notes / Announcements
- Sew Day Meeting - Members bought their sewing machine and a project to work on. The meeting location was changed due to a heating issue at the church.
- President Lauren Welsh began the meeting.
- Note that next month, April, is our 5th Anniversary Celebration!
- Riley Blake Challenge Reminder – turn in entries at the April meeting. https://community.themodernquiltguild.com/resources/riley-blake-creative-rockstar-fabric-challenge-spring-2017
- The program was a make and give (and keep scraps) for Michael Miller Fabrics. They are collecting 6 1/2” blocks to make quilts to be displayed at the next QuiltCon. After that, the quilts will be donated to Quilts for Kids. http://blog.michaelmillerfabrics.com/2017/01/quiltcon-east-2017.html
- Our guild received a generous donation of fabric from Michael Miller at QuiltCon that was used to make the blocks. Each member chose 4 fabrics to make at least 1 block.
- We discussed options for group communications. It was determined that we will set up a Secret Group on Facebook for guild members so we can have a place to chat.
- Swap for April - Rope bowls. Medium-ish size, whatever shape you want! You can find many tutorials online, for example - http://weallsew.com/coiled-rope-basket-by-juliette-lanvers-for-weallsew/
- Show and Tell.
- Jana passed out birthday gifts for March.
- Break for potluck lunch.
- Slide show of quilts from QuiltCon.
- More sewing…
- Meeting ended around 4:30 pm.
Recorded and Submitted by: